Online Jobs for High School Students With No Experience
There are lots of jobs for high school students with no experience and in this article, I shall be unleashing a well-detailed and comprehensive guide on how school students can take advantage of this opportunity.
In a world where it’s getting very difficult to find gainful employment, self-employment seems to be the norm of the day.
With a dwindling economy, unfair labor force, and fewer and fewer jobs by the day, it’s no strange thing that more and more people desire to embrace the relatively secure world of self-employment.
Even so, self-employment has a high price tag attached to it that is a result of the sum of its logistics, cost of acquiring a location, and various other factors that are expensive, that is why most people look for businesses that they can do from home and today, with this article, that question will be adequately answered.
This article will get an in-depth look into various online jobs for high school students with no experience.
Before that, though, please these factors to consider before venturing into the home business.
Online Jobs for High School Students With No Experience
Let’s look at some of the online jobs for high school students with no experience;
1. Graphics Design
You must have heard of this particular job before; Graphic designers are in charge of anything from animation to posters, logos, business cards to banners, flyers, etc. The possibilities are endless in the profession, and they are in high demand as every company or individual requires their services in their endeavors.
The best part is that it cost very little to start this business; learning the skill isn’t hard; countless tutorial videos on YouTube can teach you what to do and start making money.
All you need is a laptop to work with and then advertise yourself through your social media handles such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; the pay is quite handsome too.
This is one job that I am sure that you must have heard of, if you have a flair for writing or providing information for people, then blogging may be for you. Of all businesses you as a high school student can do, blogging is perhaps the most popular.
All you need to start up this lucrative job is means of connection to the internet, good research skills, and a genuine interest in information dissemination, a laptop, and time, you will need a lot of time as this business is quite time-consuming, so start saying goodbye to your social life.
You will also need to hire an SEO expert or have one as a consultant to optimize your posts and promote a high search index. All you need to do is set up a free blog with various platforms like WordPress or Wix, then fill your blog with some top-notch content that is sure to attract viewers and populate. It drives traffic to the blog in so many ways, ranging from social media to ads, monetizing your blog with Google AdSense, or displaying adverts for people on it.
3. Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization(SEO) is a highly sought-after skill in the world today; as more and more people take to the digital space, the need for someone who knows how to optimize these contents to achieve more visibility on the web grows day by day.
Among the online businesses for high school students with no experience, SEO is one of the best and one of the highest-paying online jobs.
However, despite its lucrative nature, it requires a lot of time and skill, but if you are patient, I can guarantee that you will be rich with it.
Steps to Starting an SEO business
Like I said before, starting this business is not easy, it takes a lot of time and determination to successfully execute it, but the steps I have compiled below should give you an overview of what is required. They are
1. Get the necessary skill set, there are tutorial videos that can help with this particular conundrum
2. Advertise yourself in order to start getting clients, social media and ads can help with this, Outsourcing is also quite useful Please note that if you are to succeed, you should have an in-depth knowledge of what you claim to be, this means that you can adequately show proof for what you are bragging about.
Suppose you are going to be referring to yourself as the best SEO Company in the World.
In that case, you will need to be at the top of the list when people research that keyword, thus proving your authenticity in understanding the indexing algorithm.
5. Email Marketing
Personally, Email marketing is one of my favorites and is one of the best businesses to as a young high school student, email marketing has become accepted as a way of advertising and people are willing and ready to pay good money for someone who can advertise their business using this platform, and you can capitalize on this, to make a quite hefty profit.
Starting your own e-mail marketing business can be the business Idea for you; it just requires a good knowledge of email marketing and an internet-accessing device.
Your job will help small, medium, and large businesses connect online with existing customers sell more goods and services.
You will need to possess an element of design in you that will create templates that will persuade customers to purchase the product that you are marketing.
It is advised to have an understanding of Internet marketing in order to succeed in targeted works and target advertising campaigns.
How to start an Email Marketing
To successfully start an email marketing business, please follow the steps outlined below to give you an overview of what you need to do.
1. The first thing required is to get the relevant skill set necessary for the task; there are lots of articles online that can help with this.
2. Get a business plan
3. Do the research and give a feasible and plausible service offer.
4. Never stop observing your competition; you will figure out loopholes to capitalize on and figure out new things you can add to yours.
5. Determine a feasible and plausible price range
6. Get a working strategy to attract clients.
6. Content Marketing
Another job with experience you can do as a high school student and one that I love personally is “Content Marketing“.
It is a very lucrative business, and demand for it is increasing day by day, it is an essential part of social media, SEO, and email marketing and is quite important in all these forms of marketing.
Content marketing is a form of marketing that mainly consists of creating and sharing online material like posts and videos that aren’t designed to promote a brand but are actually aimed at stimulating interest in a product or service.
It is used by over 87% of all businesses in world, so you see a lot of prospect in it.
7. Drop Shipping
Drop Shipping is a very lucrative, meagre capital, and relatively stress-free business. Moreover, it is one of the relatively new online jobs for high school students with no experience.
It is a type of business that one can start with very low capital and will pay you back handsomely.
You only need your laptop or Smartphone and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, these could be your online shop.
The idea of drop shipping is simple, it’s a lot like importation but on a smaller scale.
You buy goods from eCommerce sites like Alibaba, AliExpress, etc., they send it to you, and you resell and deliver it to people at your prices.
Its skill lies in identifying what product people desire significantly and selling that to them, and you control the prices thus maximizing profit.
Many people have become immensely rich using Drop shipping, and it is very low capital to start; you can start with any amount you want and buy those products and upgrade to bigger products later on.
But, as I said before, Identify people’s demands, tastes, and then procure them and satiate their desire and they will always keep coming back to you.
8. Affiliate Marketing
This is another lucrative money-making business that is relatively easy to start, and yet it pays pretty well.
An affiliate marketer is anyone who helps companies or individuals sell their products and earn a commission for this purpose, you collaborate with big companies, mostly eCommerce sites, and they pay you for each referral or sale that came through your site or website.
You can sign up with as many affiliate programs as you want; there is no limit and then use the affiliate links you will be given to referring people to the site either through social media or by creating a dedicated website for such purpose.
It might interest you to know that countless people have become rich through this method; affiliate marketing is one of the best businesses out there that you can do from home in Nigeria.
Please note that you won’t become an overnight millionaire, it requires a bit of patience and knowledge of how to drive and generate traffic, however before I dive right into the specifics of how the business works, let me explain a few things would like to clarify the different types of affiliate marketing;
We have established that affiliate marketing is a business where you are rewarded for helping a business promote and sell its products by driving traffic to the site.
The best thing about it is that the traffic doesn’t always have to make a purchase for you to be paid; this is because there are three types of affiliate marketing;
• Pay per Sale: this works by paying you a percentage of the sale price when the purchase is completed, e.g. Jumia.com Affiliate Program.
• Pay per Click: Here, you are paid based on the number of visitors you redirect to the company’s site, whether or not a sale is made doesn’t concern you.
• Pay per Lead: This type of affiliate marketing is unique; your payment is when the referred visitors provide their contact information on the company website through an online form.
How to start an Affiliate Marketing Job
Please note that affiliate marketing is not an easy business, it requires quite some skill and a lot of patience to see its true worth but you can’t question its lucrative worth, you need a process that works for you as well as adequate research and skills to aid you to generate and drive sufficient traffic. Just like the ones above it, I have compiled a checklist to aid you in successfully setting up an affiliate marketing business.
1. Make sure you acquire the necessary and top-notch affiliate marketing knowledge and skills. This will be your game changer and will ultimately decide if you will profit from the business or not.
2. The next step is to join a profitable affiliate niche, it is advised to do adequate research on this before choosing, make sure you choose one that you are very comfortable with.
3. Setup an affiliate marketing website, you can either do this or you can generate traffic using your social media handles, it’s your choice
4. Get a working and efficient marketing strategy for promoting the products. Get a working email list; affiliate marketers commonly use this for promotion
If you are someone with an excellent grasp of grammar and can persuade people with words, this business might be just for you, and it’s so affordable because it requires only an internet connection and a laptop to start.
All you need for this business is digital and email marketing skills. It is one of the best online jobs for high school students with no experience.
Steps to start a successful Copywriting Business
Copywriting is a business that requires you to put your English and grammar skills to the test, so you need to have a good command of these.
Like the others, I have compiled a list of steps you need to take to have a sound copywriting business. You must get the necessary knowledge. I am sure there are tutorial videos that offer these in details
1. Do adequate research into what type of copywriting you prefer and choose very carefully the one that suits you the most.
2. Get your writing portfolio ready(references, resume, samples)
3. Get an excellent catchy and easy to remember the business name
4. Get a good website where people can validate your authenticity
5. Get a business card and logo to promote your business please note that copywriting relies heavily on your written English, so please proofread your work at least three times before sending it.
A marketing campaign could become a laughing stock because of a wrongly placed apostrophe, also read up on how to persuade people; you really need these skills to survive in the world of copywriting.
10. Digital Marketing
This is one of the most lucrative online jobs for high school students with no experience.
Everybody who has services or products to sell requires marketing, so you see the broad spectrum that this particular business offers; digital marketers are sought after to help people to help them create awareness about the services they have to offer, think of it as an online advertiser.
Please note, though, that the digital marketing realm is based on results, your results determine your success and subsequent adequate payment, so take note that it is basically measurable marketing and ROI.
Although there are lots of competitions out there in this business, if you choose the right digital marketing path, I can guarantee that you will greatly benefit from this particular business.
It is actually advised that if you wish to become a digital marketer then you have to start your own digital marketing agency. Digital marketing is among the topmost lucrative online jobs for high school students with no experience, it’s not as easy as most businesses and requires time and energy to successfully execute. You have to undergo various stages before you can start making it big with this particular business.
However, before you begin your digital marketing business, in order to bring trust and authenticity to your business, it is advised to register the business with the Corporate Affairs Commission along with its certificate of incorporation and RCC number.
As you read above the business of digital marketing is result-based and so requires extensive knowledge and skill to start. Because of this, so many people who rush into this business never succeed in it because they feel that because they have used a few digital marketing tools, they are experts in the field and go on to open their own agency.
This is not advised, spend enough time learning the skills, and acquiring the knowledge required to be a successful digital marketer.
Steps Required to Establish a Digital Marketing agency
As I have said before, digital marketing is an excellent online jobs for high school students with no experience, but it isn’t easy to do yet it brings hefty profits.
So in order to aid you with your plan, I have compiled a list of things you need to put into consideration in order to become a successful digital marketer:
1. Make sure you Acquire sufficient digital and content marketing skills. There are also tutorial and training videos on these topics on YouTube to identify your endeavors; then, Create a professional email address as this will make you seem authentic and professional. Don’t use your email.
2. It is advised to Create Your Business on Google+ so you can be found easily on the web with just a few searches
3. Take your time to decide precisely what you have to offer in your digital marketing plan, don’t promise things you can’t fulfill, as this breeds distrust and repels potential clients.
4. Make extensive research on your competition to understand ways in which to surpass them and also learn from them
5. Choose your prices for your different packages; pick affordable prices but don’t make them too cheap.
6. Choose the type of strategy you will use to market your business
7. Create a website
8. Always survey your clients in order to get their honest feedback on you and understand where to improve.